Helping young people to achieve a constructive and rewarding adulthood is the overall goal of Northeast Kingdom Community Action Youth Services (CAYS). CAYS provide employment, housing, runaway and crisis intervention, outreach, life skills, and positive youth development services for young people, guide young people:
- In viewing themselves as important
- Identifying positive goals for the future
- Engage in healthy hobbies
- Increase positive relationships with family members
- Feel safe and valued in home, school, and community
- To increase knowledge of accessing community resources
- Engage in volunteering within a community setting
- To respect the diverse backgrounds, interests, and traditions of others
- In developing positive coping skills to avoid risky behaviors
- In developing effective conflict resolutions skills
- In developing effective communication skills
Last year our programs provided 141 youth with housing, support, and services. 96% of youth the youth successfully completed and exited our programs.
Community Action Youth Services is a division of Northeast Kingdom Community Action, and covers all of Orleans and Northern Essex Counties. To find out contact information or more about our programs please click here (www.nekcavtyouthservices.org) to go to our sister site.